Monday, April 8, 2013

Slenderman Illustration Friday "Myth"

For my Third Illustration Friday piece, I decided to use the word "Myth". As a video gamer, I have seen a large fad lately with Slenderman. Slenderman actually has a large mythical history and has recently been made into a ton of games. Although I play many video games, I prefer to watch my boyfriend play the slenderman series. I have been inspired by watching him play and decided I would love to base my work on him. Slenderman has tentacle style arms and no face and is very tall. I made him somewhat cute in the end and chibi style and I decided to create a cat for him as a pet :P

This is the final piece of my work. Please see below to view my entire process.
Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 9.46.01 PM

Before any steps: Before any steps, things are quickly sketches as a thumbnail just to get an idea. 
slender


Step #1: I started off by making a quick background and then creating slendermans head by painting it in and then blending/blurring.
Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 9.39.02 PM


Step #2: I started making the shading on the face as well as the bottom half and his cute little hands. Again blending, painting and blurring.
Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 9.58.37 PM


Step #3: From here I wanted to start on his tentacle styles on back of him. I wanted to make them fairly basic because they are in the background.  
Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 10.26.20 PM


Step #4: This step, I wanted to created his little shirt and red tie. He is starting to get a little cute now. He is finished for now. Now on to his kitty.
Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 10.45.15 PM


Step #5: I have started with his cat by making the cat black and adding small whiskers. Again I have done blending and blurring.  
Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 9.08.16 PM


Step #6: I finished this off by adding the shirt and tie to the cat. Then I made tentacles to the kitty but made less since it is just a small cat. Together they somewhat match and that is what I wanted.
Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 9.17.09 PM


Step #7 (Final): For my final image, everything is now put together and made to match. However I still needed to add the background. In slendermans games, the screen goes all static and you die. So I made the screen to show a lot of static for the background. Which is made by the grain feature in photoshop. I added the names and my logo and added a slight white glow around them both :) 

Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 9.46.01 PM


Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my blog this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment